Friday, September 17, 2010

Some of us got up a little Later on Sunday. Bike work was wrapping up, and I had to get the Wing ready for the ride across country. I'd found time to take it on a couple local ride to the tune of 50 miles or so.

Outside of being kind of big, it seemed to run pretty well. The seat had some rips in it so I got the duck tape out and patched it up. One of the guys gave me an unused GPS mount that I installed.
A couple of the electro boys tried to get the Wings radio system going, but they said that the amp (whatever that is) seemed to be blown.....so no tunes. Of course, that would have been a first for me. I'm pretty content with my one thoughts anyway so no big loss.
Amazingly the old girl was in good operating condition. It was full of oil and even the air pump for the suspension worked as it should. All the boxes had locks and keys. It looked like the ride home would get a big thumbs up.


Sunday was spent making up lost time with friends, young and old alike. No telling if I'll ever see these guys again. That T Blum, from Past Cack/ ADV St1100 fame on the left, and Wall Street George on the right.


That's Art in the front and Ed Shea in the right Foreground. And of note is Bob Amadon, rhymes with Mastodon) in the girly pink tee shirt. Bob was our ace in the hole in Labor Days Harmony town fair 'Hammer throw' contest.


Speaking of the Hammer and Skillet throw at Harmony, Maine's Fair, Last year the Zim folks invaded the contest and took several place ribbons. The sabmag boys stormed back this year to take top honors with a 79' toss, and maybe six ribbons in all. It was a lot of fun.
Top honors Bob...

And the rest of the ribbon holders....not all our guys. Good clean fun.

Here's a picture of Jason's NX650 faking a hookup with the towns tractor pulling sled.

They had an antique Flywheel engine exhibit.... I still don't know how some of them work.

Some old tractors.........

And some antique chain saws. Some of those were bery interesting.
Click on pic for larger image...a couple times.


Tomorrow, Tueday the 7th, the fun would come to an end, and I would ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment