Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 2 at SMNOE '10

........a good night's rest brought along with it the new day. Many hugs were enjoyed by friends separated by a few years. I'd even almost died of Cancer since I'd seen these guys in Late '08. I'm cancer free now, BTW.
Linda, bless her heart, provided the first breakfasts of many to come, and soon the move to the Garage took place....ruh, ruh.
ADVer Ziggy Stardust had already arrive with his V45 V4 Sabre. Ziggy was looking for garage space as his bike had destroyed a bearing in the drive shaft line.
I suggested that he get his bike in there while there was still space. He was first in the shop. He's been trying to get the angle drive off the engine for the last several months, and had come to an unmovable object. I'd promised to help him when I got there.
Jason got second spot with his 2 VF500 'ceptors. He had a rusted out frame that needed to be replaced by a good one from the other bike. Both these bikes had been outside under tarps for a few years.....what a job.
The brown Santa, UPS, soon showed up with some new tires that needed changing. So I also got to sharpen my field tire changing skills. There was much help with the tire changing. The inexperienced got a chance to witness the struggles of bead breaking and tire spooning, and even participate if they wanted to.....that always good to know.

Ziggy's Bike wait for new Angle Drive Bearing
[LEFT][/LEFT]

...and here's Ziggy and crew showing off his bad Bearing


Jason's 'ceptor project...


Tire changing and carb cleaning project Magna....


............but it's not all work....Later that night Linda got out of the kitchen long enough for some socializing, ah....that's me chatting her up. I'm trying to get an extra lobster on lobster night. :lol3

No comments:

Post a Comment